Setting goals for the new year is a tradition for me and you should have it too. One thing is for sure, there is not a magic potion to make everything happen.
I cannot complain, my 2018 was wonderful, it was more than I expected. I think last year I worked harder than ever and I saw great results. I stayed focus and I only did things that got me closer to what I wanted. I got good grades in my master, and I was able to save enough money to enjoy my family vacation without feeling worried about my bills for the next month.
I’m going to tell you what I discovered during all the new experiences that I had. First, If you do not go after what you want, you will never have it. Second, if you do not ask, the answer will always be no. Third, if you do not step forward, you will always be in the same place.
Now, let’s talk about my goals for 2019. It is going to sound cheesy but “new year, new me”, so here I go:
- Get A’s on my program (I’m only getting B’s. FYI, my master does not allow C’s)
- Read more books in Spanish so I will not forget my native language. I read 42 books during 2018 and my goal was 50 but with the school was too hard to keep up. I will set my 2019 reading goal in 45 books.
- Slow down a little bit, everything will come when God decides that I’m ready for it.
- Workout to stay healthy and not to have “the perfect body”.
- I will spend more time with people that add something good to my life rather than been just polite with “friends”.
- Back to my writing. I need to write more because that makes me happy and I will do my best to keep writing my book.
- I will save enough money to spend Christmas with my family again.
- I will love cooking and maybe I will become a pescatarian.
- Take a monthly day to stay away from social media.
- Travel with my favorite human to a place we have never been.
- Call my grandmother every night before she goes to bed.
- Go to Church every Sunday.
- Learn a third language.
- Teach my amor how to dance and to speak Spanish.
- Raise my credit score to 750.
- Work harder.
- Help others.
- Self-care: sleep early and drink more water.