Sometimes (but most of the time) the best things in life are not things, and other times we learned that in a harsh way. Building a path away from home it is not easy, in fact, it is the hardest thing ever when you are by yourself, but one thing is certain, the journey comes with a lot of rainbows. That is why I want to start this list talking about a few accomplishment (because I cannot tell you everything) of 2017:
- I moved to an apartment that feels home. It is next to the lake so, I can drink my coffee with an amazing view (plus, my grandmother it is going to love it when she comes to visit me).
- I wrote more than ever.
- I started editing that book that I will publish it next year (hopefully).
- I FINALLY passed the freaking TOEFL with a good score.
- I learned that God never fail us, he is always watching us closely (even when we think he forgot about us).
2017 came and left in a blink of an eye, I did not have enough time to do all that I planned but, what I do know is that everything is about decisions making and taking actions.
Most of the time we get caught up with reality, that it is very often far away from what we perfectly frame on social media but, we need to keep walking on the direction of our dreams, it is never too late to make then real; I believe in myself and that is enough.
Do you believe in yourself?
For now, this is what I need to do on 2018; are you ready to walk with me?
- Stop being afraid of making changes.
- Stop caring about what other people think.
- Do more of what makes me happy.
- Reach 10K followers on Instagram.
- Publish my first book.
- Have coffee with my favorite human in a nice coffee shop in front of the ocean.
- Pay for my grandmother and mom tickets to come to visit me.
- Visit my sister in Panama (last time I saw her was in 2015).
- Buy another bookshelf and fill it with more adventures.
- Hit the gym 5 times per week.
- Trip to Seattle.
- Read the books of “Fifty Shades of Grey” so I can see who the heck is Christian Grey.
- Live a true love story and tell no one.
- Learn Italian.
- Start a new career certification.
- Read two books per month (or more).
- Schedule time for myself into every day.
- Go to a concert.
- DRINK MORE WATER.
- Add $100 extra dollars to my savings every month.
- Spend more time with the people I care about.
- Can I say “fall in love again”?
And remember, every goal is about the journey as much as the destination. Good luck everyone and, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!