Here I am, sitting in a new coffee shop, thinking about what should a write. I have been the last weeks in a procrastination mode, I wasn’t able to write not even a single word. But maybe this “Abuelita Mocha” that I’m drinking will bring me some inspiration on this hot day of summer.
Lately I had been out of focus, so many things are happening right now, starting from the fact that I miss Love but I know I MUST let him go, and the most important of all my reason is that I’m still fighting for my master admission but I need to do the TOEFL test one more time to get a better score; all these issues are making me feel sad, I cannot understand why every time I’m close to my dream, always something new comes out and delayed all my plans. I don’t have too much time left here, but I’m not giving up.
I know I need to try to chill, I know I need to trust in God’s plan, and for sure I need to keep working hard and not losing time.
So, after almost a month of not writing, today I decided to promise certain things to myself, and make those things happen in short time:
- Surrender myself with people that push me to go higher.
- To ask if I don’t know something.
- If I don’t like my job, I will do my best to do a good job. Something good must come out of that.
- To not expect anything from others.
- Like the song, “always be humble and kind”.
- To love my neighbor as I love myself. (That was today’s lecture at Church).
- To work out every day, just resting on Sundays.
- To call home every day if possible.
- To write every day, even if is just one paragraph.
- Every Sunday a “family meal” with one of my friends.
This morning I woke up feeling more optimistic, I was feeling lost but after Church, I started to feel way better. Being alone in this big city it’s not easy, going home is not an option, but I’m still fighting for my main goals.
May I include on my list that I just wanna be happy?